By: david j. moore Hanging out for a day on the Los Angeles film set of the martial arts action film Insight (out March 12th from Gravitas Ventures), from director […]
By: david j. moore
Hanging out for a day on the Los Angeles film set of the martial arts action film Insight (out March 12th from Gravitas Ventures), from director Livi Zheng, freelance film journalist david j. moore observed the filming of several chase scenes and fights being shot in an interior location in a skyscraper in downtown L.A. on a bright and sunny July afternoon.
In between set-ups as a fight scene was being prepped with star Ken Zheng and a handful of business-suited goons, david sat down in a corner with producer Zane Thomas to talk about the film and trying to jump start a new action star in an era when so few martial arts action stars are being bred.
1) Talk a little bit about your role as a producer on Insight and Ken and Livi’s first film Brush With Danger.
2) How did you and Livi become partners on these projects?
3) Was she the one who came to you with a proposal to turn Ken into a martial arts action star?
4) Obviously you see some potential in Ken as a movie star or action star.
5) Who are these movies for? I like these kinds of action movies, but it seems like the market has diminished for this type of film over the years. What do you think? Are you pinpointing a certain demographic?
6) Over the last decade, I’ve watched the video market crash and burn, but now the new thing is VOD. I’m amazed that you guys are endeavoring to do this – to breed a new action star – in this current market. That’s very rare these days.
7) What makes the story for Insight stand apart from other action films?
8) Will Ken be your in-house star?
EXCLUSIVE ACTION-FLIX FIGHT CLIP
Insight is now playing in select cinemas and VOD courtesy of Gravitas Ventures