Hollywood icon Sylvester Stallone is giving his stamp of approval on the newest entry in the Escape Plan franchise after admitting that he had made a mistake with the second film. In a new clip that just dropped courtesy of Lionsgate Home Entertainment, Sly talks about the best part of making the film for him which is the climatic fight between himself and Devon Sawa who plays the villain in the film.
Stallone talks about how they went in and threw out the old fight and basically filmed a fight scene that had no choerography or cuts. The action was real in this one and you can check it out below and get ready for some extreme action next Tuesday when the film hits Blu-Ray and Digital!
Sylvester Stallone (Rambo, The Expendables franchise) returns to the screen as Ray Breslin in the action-packed flick Escape Plan: The Extractors, on Digital 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), and DVD on July 2 from Lionsgate.
Also starring Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, Blade Runner 2049, Spectre) as Trent DeRosa and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (TV’s “Power,” Get Rich or Die Tryin’) as Hush, the hard-hitting trio team up to break into an impenetrable Latvian prison in order to rescue Breslin’s girlfriend (Jaime King) and a tech mogul’s daughter. From Emmy®-nominated writer-director John Herzfeld (1998, Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries or a Movie, Don King: Only in America) and co-writer Miles Chapman comes this epic third installment to a fan-favorite series that also returns Jaime King (Sin City, White Chicks) and introduces Devon Sawa (Final Destination, Now and Then).
Screen legend Sylvester Stallone kicks this explosive action tale into high gear. After security expert Ray Breslin (Stallone) is hired to rescue the kidnapped daughter of a Hong Kong tech mogul from a formidable Latvian prison, Breslin’s girlfriend (Jaime King) is also captured. Now he and his team, which includes Dave Bautista and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, must pull off a deadly rescue mission to confront their sadistic foe and save the hostages before time runs out.
Stallone had this to say about the filming the action for the upcoming release:
“Here I am with my lifetime friend , and Director , JOHN HERZFELD , Who directed the upcoming film Escape Plan 3 – The Extractors ! Escape Plan 2 was truly the worst produced film I have ever had the misfortune to be in , tThis new film was made in a extraordinarily short amount of time , 17 nights , dusk till dawn , no breaks , we ate while we worked!!!! The Crew were under unbelievable pressure. . Proud of them! But I wanted this battle be as realistic as possible. I showed up on the site for the big final fight scene that takes place in a very very old cell that is 9‘ x 7 … they had spent all this time choreographing this Martial arts type of combat. I said forget it. Why don’t we go in there and just let it rip. Like a real fight!!!! . NOT CUTS – No choreography, you don’t know what’s coming until it hits you.I asked the other actor who has a lot of guts,Devon Sawa , If he was the game? I said it’s gonna hurt and he was game. So what you see us a portion of the brawl that is completely non – choreographed spontaneous with no cuts , ONE TAKE , and he didn’t know what punches were coming! The other actor plays the killer who is accused me of murdering his father which is not true ! Without a doubt the only fight I’ve ever done in my entire career without choreography or without cuts! This was tough and dangerous and worth it! Arriving July 2…. AND It is available on pay-per-view !”
I also had the best time interviewing Devon Sawa earlier this week and we discussed the final fight between him and Stallone! Make sure to check out the full interview when it drops for the film’s release!
Check out the full video below and pick up a copy of Escape Plan: The Extractors this Tuesday, July 2nd!