Well Marvel and Disney are re-releasing the blockbuster finale Avengers: Endgame in theaters this weekend in one last ditch effort to surpass Avatar as the highest grossing movie ever and with it, new end credits footage and more surprises will be added to entice patrons to pony up more bucks.
If you’re like me ( I’ve seen it twice) then you are just fine waiting for the home release so you can buy it and watch it whenever in the comfort of your own home.
Marvel has officially dropped the details on the 4K, Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital release for the film and it’s coming sooner rather than later. Check out the cover art below, along with a release trailer and all the special features info!
As expected, the film will hit Digital first on July 30th with a hard copy debut a few weeks later on August 13th.
Special Features for the anticipated release are as follows:
Digital Exclusive (Available only on the Digital Release On July 30th)
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance– Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee– Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.– Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America– Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes– Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame– See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU– MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor– His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes– “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel– Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro– Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
This is certainly one movie worth having in your collection and it definitely surpassed all my expectations as a life long comic book geek with the last 30 minutes being worth the price of admission alone. Pure comic book bliss I say!
Check out the special home release trailer that dropped today down below!