Exclusive Interview: Actor Adam Huss Talks Being the Villain in the New Martial Arts Action-Thriller INSIGHT!
By: david j. moore
In the role of Mason in the film Insight (out March 12th from Gravitas Ventures), Adam Huss calls upon his inner henchman to portray one of the film’s central antagonists. Huss plays opposite the film’s leading villain Wallace, played by Sean Patrick Flannery. Huss spends most of his screen time chasing after the film’s hero Jian, played by Ken Zheng, which means he gets in on plenty of the film’s action scenes.
Freelance film journalist david j. moore took a few minutes to interview co-star Huss during lunch break in between scenes, and this was only a few minutes after Huss was running around up and down flights of stairs with a bunch of goons to try to capture the film’s two protagonists, Jian and Abby, played by Madeline Zima.
1) Hi, Adam. Tell me a little bit about this evil organization your character works for.
2) What’s your character all about? Are you Wallace’s right-hand man?
3) Talk a little bit about working with Levi, your director on the film.
4) You’ve got plenty of scenes with Ken, whom I saw being chased by you with a bunch of other guys in suits this morning. How has your experience been working with him?
5) How involved are you getting with the action scenes? So far, I’m seeing chases and some close quarter fights and throw downs.
6) What’s it like being Sean Patrick Flannery’s henchman? Were you able to formulate some kind of backstory to your character, or are you just sticking to what’s on the page?
7) Who would you say this movie’s target audience might be?
Insight hits select cinemas, Digital and VOD on March 12th from Gravitas Ventures! Watch the official trailer below!