Lionsgate is certainly doing their part to help promote the latest and supposed last entry in Sylvester Stallone’s Rambo franchise and aptly named Rambo: Last Blood, the initial trailers have promised us a very brutal and unforgiving chapter in the iconic film series.
To help celebrate the release, Lionsgate has declared this Friday, September 20th as Rambo Day! Why the HELL not! The day will not only feature the release of the film but other festivities are in order as well which you can see below courtesy of Collider.com!
- The City of Los Angeles officially proclaiming September 18th Rambo Day in LA.
- “The World’s Greatest Rambo Fan” Challenge will award prizes and declare “The World’s Greatest Rambo Fan” based on short videos of fans doing their best Rambo impressions. Fans from around the world are encouraged to enter to win.
- The City of Bowie, Arizona, hometown of John Rambo, is proclaiming September 18th Rambo Day as well. Bowie, Arizona gained worldwide attention when it was revealed in Rambo: First Blood Part II as Rambo’s home.Image via Lionsgate/YouTube
- Alamo Drafthouse theatres will celebrate Rambo Day with a Rambo Movie Marathon, which is taking place at Alamo Drafthouse locations during opening weekend. For any fan who purchases a ticket to the Rambo Marathon on September 18th, $1 will be donated to organizations to support Veterans and active duty members of the military.
- Rambo Day will wind down with a New York Fan Extravaganza. Sylvester Stallone, the rest of the cast and filmmakers will join fans at the AMC in Lincoln Square as they screen Rambo: Last Blood. Local promotional ticket giveaways will be distributed on Q104.3 and flyaway contests will be held in Chicago and Baltimore for Rambo’s biggest fans to join Sylvester Stallone at the fan event in NYC.
Along with all that great stuff, Lionsgate has also dropped a brand new synopsis:
Almost four decades after he drew first blood, Sylvester Stallone is back as one of the greatest action heroes of all time, John Rambo. Now, Rambo must confront his past and unearth his ruthless combat skills to exact revenge in a final mission. A deadly journey of vengeance, Rambo: Last Blood marks the last chapter of the legendary series. Lionsgate in association with Millennium Media presents, a Millennium Media Balboa Productions and Templeton Media production, in association with Campbell Grobman Films, and in association with Dadi Film (HK) Limited.
We also have a new video to commemorate the day and all the festivities which you can browse at your leisure below!
I will, of course be seeing the film this coming weekend so keep a lookout for my official review and as always, keep it locked and loaded right here for all the best in action entertainment!