UPDATE: We know have the cover art along with technical specs and special features for the release! View below!!
Special features for this releasing will include:
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
- Chad and Keanu: Through Wick and Thin: Chad Stahelski and Keanu Reeves have a partnership that stretches all the way back to the first Matrix In this retrospective piece, we trace their remarkable friendship and decades-long collaboration.
- Train Like a Killer: Weapons Master Robert “Rock” Galotti and Keanu Reeves reveal the rigorous training that Keanu had to endure to make John Wick: Chapter 4 a reality – from gunplay, to jiu jitsu, to some hard-hitting stunt work.
- Making A Killing: In John Wick, sets are not merely the backdrop for each scene – they are integral parts of the action, with Wick often using whatever is on hand to take the fight to his enemies. Here we explore the craft at play in designing the sets of John Wick: Chapter 4 and the ways set design and action choreography go hand in hand in this legendary series.
- The Psychology of a Killer: Chad Stahelski explores the psychology of John Wick, a character who, despite four films, is still a mystery in many ways. We unpack the complicated code of ethics that Wick lives by, and the ironic bonds he shares with the men trying to kill him.
- The Blind Leading the Fight: John Wick: Chapter 4 witnesses the arrival of Caine, a blind killer played by legendary actor and martial artist Donnie Yen. With a style not seen since The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi, Caine shows that a killer’s greatest instincts come not from his eyes, but from his mind. Here we uncover Yen’s journey on this film, exploring his prep for the role, his insight into the character, and his intense training regimen to portray this unlikely killer.
- Suit Up / Shoot Up: Costume Designer Paco Delgado uncovers the cooler-than-cool suits worn by the assassins of John Wick that feature bulletproof lining – just what every killer needs for a night out on the town. We also explore the more refined looks of the Marquis and the Old West-inspired garb of the Tracker.
- Packing a Punch: Pulling off a kill takes a village. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the way Team Wick incorporates special effects into the practical stunts and locations of the film.
- One Killer Shot: John Wick: Chapter 4 features one of the boldest single-take shots ever attempted in action filmmaking. Fight Choreographers Jeremy Marinas and Laurent Demianoff team up with Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers to dive into the creative challenges that went into planning this one-shot sequence that sees John Wick take on Paris’s deadliest killers.
- Killing at the Speed of Traffic: Take a look at a nonstop action sequence featuring John Wick’s car-fu at the Arc de Triomphe! The driving force of this piece will be a look at the effects achieved at the iconic location, and sets the stakes of every assassin in Paris descending on Wick.
- A Shot in the Dark: The John Wick series takes audiences into a world that is both thematically and visually dark. For film crews, that meant enduring hundreds of night shoots, with crews switching to a virtually nocturnal mode of life for long stretches of production. Here we explore the tenacious work of cast and crew members who tough it out night after night in pursuit of Wick’s dark, iconic aesthetic. Along the way, we explore some of the most iconic night scenes in the film, culminating with Wick’s brutal staircase fight.
- In Honor of the Dead: In creating John Wick: Chapter 4, Chad Stahelski drew on references from some of the greatest films ever made. Uncover the cinematic homages depicted in the film, from David Lean to John Woo, to the samurai epics of post-war Japan.
- Theatrical Trailer 1
- Theatrical Trailer 2
- Additional 4K Blu-ray audio options: English Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio
- Additional Blu-ray audio options: English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio
- Optional English, Spanish, French, and English SDH subtitles for the main feature
Original Post: Fans of hyper-violent, hyper-kinetic and just all around bad ass Gun Fu won’t have long to wait as Lionsgate has just unveiled that the blockbuster John Wick Chapter 4 is blasting its way on to Digital this month ahead of its official rollout on 4K, Blu-Ray and DVD this June. If you’re like me though, I’m sure you’ll be waiting for the Steelbook 4K hyper-deluxe version when it hits this next month.
Baba Yaga will unload plenty of headshots on Digital first when the highest grossing film of the franchise hits Digital first on May 23rd. Then the movie will officially have its welcoming party on Blu-ray combo pack, 4K Ultra HD combo pack, and DVD on June 13th. Fans like me will have to wait a little longer for the hard copy but I’m sure it’ll be worth it for the box art and special features which will be announced shortly.
The movie continues to make records for the franchise as it’s still enjoying a limited IMAX release but Lionsgate is striking while the iron, or the gun chamber in this case, is hot.
The film was helmed by Chad Stahelski, and it’s the fourth and most celebrated entry into the franchise which started 9 years ago with 2014’s sleeper hit John Wick. That was followed of course by chapters 2 and 3 which came in 2017 and 2019 respectively and upped the volume in action set pieces and imaginative fight choreography.
The blockbuster franchise, which is led by a rejuvenated Keanu Reeves, tells the underworld tale of a retired but still lethal hitman who waged war on those he considered comrades years ago. It all started with the killing of his puppy which was a last gift from his recently departed and beloved wife and the stealing of his prized ‘69 GTA 5. The rest is, as you say, history and the fourth film is closing in on a billion dollars in worldwide box office sells and currently sits at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Check out my exclusive Action Fix Podcast review of the movie and hear why I gave it a perfect 5 out of 5 and consider this franchise action nirvana.
Lock ‘N’ Load right here for box cover art and special features reveals as we are your destination for everything action and Baba Yaga!!!