It seems that every other day, we are receiving news that a new female centric action-thriller is being announced and just this week, we were treated to the trailer for one of the latest action flicks on the horizon to feature an ass kicking women in The Rhythm Section which stars Blake Lively as an ordinary woman who become an assassin to avenge her family.
Now Netflix is bringing word that production has started on their newest offering titled simply Kate which features Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Woody Harrelson. Winstead stars as a lean and mean operative who only has 24 hours to exact revenge on those responsible for poisoning her. Check out the latest on the new film below courtesy of Netflix Media Center!
- Cast: Michiel Huisman (The Haunting of Hill House), Tadanobu Asano (Thor: Ragnarok, Mortal Kombat,upcoming Midway) , Jun Kunimura (Rain), Miyavi Lee Ishihara (Unbroken, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil) and newcomer Miku Martineau join Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Woody Harrelson.
- Director: Cedric Nicolas-Troyan (The Huntsman: Winter’s War)
- Writer: Umair Aleem
- Producers: Bryan Unkeless (I, Tonya, Bright, Birds of Prey), Kelly McCormick (Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw), Patrick Newall (Dhaka, The Old Man And The Gun)
- Executive Producer: David Leitch, Scott Morgan
- Logline: After she’s irreversibly poisoned, a ruthless criminal operative has less than 24 hours to exact revenge on her enemies and in the process forms an unexpected bond with the daughter of one of her past victims.
- Among the crew are well-respected key department heads including Stunt Coordinator and Second Unit Director Jonathan Eusebio (John Wick franchise, Birds of Prey, Deadpool), Visual Effects Producer Taylor Rockwell (Bad Times at the El Royale, The Fate of the Furious) and Production Designer Dominic Watkins (The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, The Mummy, The Bourne Supremacy) and DP Lyle Vincent (Dreamland, Bad Education, Thoroughbreads, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night)
- Production is currently underway.
What makes me most excited is that John Wick stunt master Jonathan Eusebio is involved so you know the action will be off the hook. Check back here in the future for more details to come on Kate and as ssoon as we have first footage, you will see it here!